(4/5) Clippers or Jazz vs. (1) Golden State Warriors Schedule:
|Game 1||Tues.||UTH/LAC @ GSW||10:30 p.m. (TNT)|
|Game 2||Thurs.||UTH/LAC @ GSW||10:30 p.m. (ESPN)|
|Game 3||Sat.||GSW @ UTH/LAC||8:30 p.m. (ABC)|
|Game 4||5/ 8||GSW @ UTH/LAC||TBD (TNT)|
|Game 5*||5/10||UTH/LAC @ GSW||TBD|
|Game 6*||5/12||GSW @ UTH/LAC||TBD|
|Game 7*||5/14||UTH/LAC @ GSW||TBD|
Warriors Team Notes:
- The Warriors earned a 4-0 series sweep over Portland and will meet the winner of the First Round series between the Clippers and Jazz in the Western Conference Seminals.
- Golden State earned the sixth sweep in franchise history and its third in a four-game series.
- Kevin Durant returned from a two-game absence to tally 10 points in 20 minutes.
- Stephen Curry scored a game-high 37 points in 30 minutes, recordinghis 22nd career 30-point game in the postseason
- Draymond Green recorded the 10th 20-point playoff game of his career with 21 points on 7-of-11 from the eld (5-of-8 from three-point range) to go with six rebounds, four assists and three blocks
Clippers or Jazz Team Notes:
(3) Houston Rockets vs. (2) San Antonio Spurs
|Game 1||Mon.||HOU at SA||8 p.m. (ESPN)|
|Game 2||Wed.||HOU at SA||9:30 p.m. (TNT)|
|Game 3||Fri.||SA at HOU||9:30 p.m. (TNT)|
|Game 4||Sun.||SA at HOU||8 p.m. (ESPN)|
|Game 5*||5/9||HOU at SA||TBD|
|Game 6*||5/11||SA at HOU||TBD|
|Game 7*||5/14||HOU at SA||TBD|
Preview: The Rockets will try and stop Gregg Popovich and the Spurs. Containing James Harden will be hard but if any team can do it, it’s the Spurs. Pau Gasol had a rough first round so we will see if he can bounce back going up against Clint Cappella. The in-state rivalry should be a fun series to watch.
The Spurs hold the record for highest Rockets opponent field goal percentage by going 48-71 (.676) from the field on 4/7/85. The most offensive rebounds in Houston team history was reached vs. San Antonio on 4/13/84 when they grabbed 35. Rockets forward Trevor Ariza (2003-04) and Spurs guard/forward Kyle Anderson (2012-14) both attended UCLA. Ariza and Spurs vice president of basketball operations Monty Williams spent time together with the New Orleans Hornets in the 2010-11 and 2011-2012 seasons. Williams served five years as the Head Coach of New Orleans (2010-15), where he coached Ariza and Rockets forward Ryan Anderson and guard Eric Gordon. Danny Green hit his 700th career three-pointer with the Spurs at Houston on 2/27 and is one of two players in franchise history to ever reach this milestone.
Spurs Team Notes:
- The Spurs went 61-21 this season, equaling their fourth-best single season record in franchise history, and have now won at least 61 games six times in Spurs history. San Antonio finished second in the league behind Golden State (67-15).
- Through the 2016-17 season, the Spurs have compiled the best winning percentage and most wins over any 20-year stretch in NBA history. San Antonio also holds four of the top five 20-year winning percentages.
- Winning their 50th game this year on 3/8 vs. Sacramento, the Spurs secured their 20th-straight season with a winning percentage of over 60 percent, which stands alone as the most consecutive years with a 60 percent winning percentage in all of the four major sports.
- The game on 4/12 at Utah marked 2017 All-Star starter Kawhi Leonard’s 108th straight game in double figures, which is the longest streak by a Spur since David Robinson in 1996.
Rockets Team Notes:
- Since winning 6 straight from 3/24/13-11/6/14, Rockets have gone 2-9, including 1-6 past 7.
- Rockets: 7 straight wins holding Spurs below 100 points; 9 straight losses allowing 100+.
- Since winning 2 straight in S.A. from 11/30-12/25/13, Houston has gone 1-5 on the road 2015-16: 12/25 (H) W 88-84, ½ (A) L 103-121, 1/27 (A) L 99-130, 2/27 (H) L 94-104.
- Teams were separated by a total of 8 points in the Spurs favor across the four games three of the four meetings were decided by two points.
- Spurs averaged 104.8 ppg on 46.2% shooting while Rockets averaged 102.8 ppg on 42.4% FGs S.A. had 3 more FGM on 17 fewer FGA.
This marks the fourth time Houston and San Antonio have met in the playoffs. The Rockets are 3-0 in those series so far: 1980, Won 2-1 in First Round, 1981, Won 4-3 in Conference Semifinals, 1995, Won 4-2 in Conference Finals.